Would you like to enjoy the tranquility of a water garden in your own backyard?
If you are like me you have always imagined having a water garden of your own, but thought fish ponds and waterfalls were only for people that can afford fancy landscape designers and contractors.
After my mother in law installed a fish pond herself, I realized that building a pond is actually an achievable do it yourself project. It didn't take me long to follow in her footsteps and create my own back yard water feature, which I enjoyed for many years.
If I can do it so can you!
Creating your own water garden can be a rewarding experience that will give you long term satisfaction and relaxation. Imagine enjoying your morning coffee next you your fish pond, accompanied by the refreshing sound of a gentle waterfall.
Get the answers you need
Here you will find all the help you need to start build your own fish pond. From a simple container feature to a large fish pond with a stream and waterfall, find the design, planning and construction advice you need.
- The Water Garden Blog
- The Water Garden Blog keeps you up-to-date with all additions and changes to the water-garden-guide.com Web site. Subscribe here.
- Water Garden Design
- Get help with water garden design ideas.
- Pond Type
- There are a number of options for choosing which pond type is right for you. Keep in mind your budget, design and skill when deciding on which pond type to use.
- Water Garden Features
- Choosing which water garden features to include is one of the most exciting parts of designing a backyard pond. Here are some of my favorites...
- Planning a Water Garden
- Before you start construction on your pond be sure to set some time aside for planning a water garden. Here are some tips for planning the perfect water garden.
- Building a Water Garden
- Building a water garden can be a fun and rewarding project. You can get the help you need to create your own water garden here.
- Water Garden Liners
- There are a variety of water garden liners for you to choose from. Selecting the right one for your landscape depends on your budget, location and skill level.
- Garden Pond Design Edging
- Edging is a key element in any garden pond design. Choose the right edgin for your water garden...
- Water Garden Waterfall
- A water garden waterfall makes a wonderfull addition to any backyard pond. You can add tranquility and noise filtering if you build a waterfall into your water garden.
- Water Garden Fish
- Introducing water garden fish to your new pond may be the most exciting step in creating your new fish pond.
- Water Garden Plants
- Water garden plants in can increase the attractiveness of your backyard pond. There are a diverse variety of plants available that can beautify your pond and help maintain its health.
- Container Water Garden
- A container water garden is a great choice for small spaces. They can be installed in a very short time and in a variety of styles.
- Water Garden Guide.com Site Map
- The Water Garden Guide Site Map contains links to every page on this site.
- Contact Water Garden Guide
- Do you have a water garden question? Would you like to share your story about building you own pond? Contact Us here.
- Water Garden Pump
- Most ponds incorporate the use of a water garden pump for recirculating the water and powering water falls and fountains.
- Contribute to Water Garden
- Would you like to share your knowledge about water garden? Great, find out how you can submit your story or tip here.